Lets pretend we're all alright. Lets smile whenever we meet in school or the streets we roam. Lets go home to that oh ever so loving family, asking how your day went?
Well how DID it?
Oh, it was awesome. Just what I needed. Just what I wanted. I got everything I ever wanted. In a single day. And maybe even more. Maybe I already had it, for ages. Yes, that must be it. I've had my life under control since god knows when! I am more ALIVE THAN EVER. So thank you, whatever gave me this!
No? You don't believe me? Well, lets try another one.
Lets pretend I am more than happy. I'm on the top of my world. Let us say, that nothing could take this feeling from me. Yes.
"I am happy! I swear!" I promise, looking straight into your eyes. Would you smile and nod, agreeing and beginning a story of your own happiness?
Or would we rather stop pretending? Would you rather see through my lies?
And if you would
Would if be before or after I let you see them?
Would you be angry, when you realized it?
How we survive, is what makes us who we are. And thus life as well.
Life is what you make it.
I will make it into a mirror, just to break it. I hate my own reflection. I hate it. It is the manifestation of the other side of me. The other side of us all. The humane inhuman, so to speak. The perfect thing to blame for your own actions. It is part of you. Yes, indeed, there is no other side of the fucking coin. There is only one coin. Too bad if the corners are covered in mud or rust. Mine is burned to crusts fully, and?
Take responsibility for your actions. I will from now on. I am fine now with my weaknesses. If it helps you, then please, do as I do. There may be two sides of you. But it is still you. And you need to learn to control it.
Peace of mind. Value it. Harness it.
Try to get as much of it if you can. If you're satisfied right now, then enjoy it. There is a motherfucking storm coming for you. Always is. But when it comes, just try and survive through it. That is all there is to it. What else can you do? Chase shadows? Chase the reasons? Chase your future and seize it in the process? Well let me tell you something. It is right there. Under your nose. But can you grasp it? No. You cannot. Because you are not alone in this world. Life would be perfect, if it were designed by a single mind. You could see into your future, if you were that mind. But you are not. And that simple fact will take your little tranquility, and shred it to the tiniest of pieces, scatter them into the wind and laugh after.
Then you'll fall. Funny huh?
And as you fall, that small thought in your head will grow. It will leech everything out of you. Your health, your dreams, your mind, your success... Everything. But when its over... Oh yes. Oh yes.
I would give up on my dreams.
My health.
My mind.
My success.
My life.
Not my everything.
No, not my Everything.
Regards:
Everyone you've ever met. Everyone you'll ever meet. And Everyone you'll ever love.
No comments:
Post a Comment